AcroYoga is an interesting blend of acrobatic elements, yoga and thai massage. Unlike a regular yoga practice, AcroYoga requires working with a partner and often with a group, so essentially this is a fun practice that builds not only strength, but also understanding of trust.
Classes every Monday 20:30-22:00 at Studio Gare, 18 rue Fort Wallis, L-2714 Luxembourg,
in which we will cover the following:
- AcroYoga basic elements and the "alphabet" of the practice (learn the foundations: flyer, base, spotting; terminology used and basic shapes)
- Solar asana and group game warmups
- Partner yoga warmups
- Strength training for acrobatic elements
- Calibrating your movement with that of your partner
- Forward flying / Side flying / Backward flying (different variations of poses)
- "Washing machines" (transitioning from one AcroYoga pose to another to create a flow)
- Fun trios and pyramids
- Assisted stretches
- Therapeutic flying
- Elements of thai massage
No experience nor partner is needed, and it is open for all body types no matter how much exercise you have done in the past.
First trial class is free!
The classes will be taught in English.